How can I become an AHA Instructor and affiliate with Heart Smart Team?
The steps are simple – get started today!
1. Complete an Instructor Candidate Application for your local Training Center before enrolling in an Instructor Course with a local AHA Training Center such as Heart Smart Team, Inc, annual affiliation fee is $50.00
2. Have current AHA provider status in the discipline of the Instructor Course, and be proficient in all the skills of that discipline. Disciplines include ACLS, BLS, PALS, PEARS® and Heartsaver®.
3. Attend a mandatory two hour Heart Smart Team instructor information session...(free)
4. Successfully complete the discipline-specific Instructor Essentials online course, and print the course completion certificate.
5. Successfully complete the discipline-specific classroom Instructor Course....$450.00 (additional fees for ACLS and PALS Instructor courses)
6. Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within 90 business days after completing the Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators may require additional monitoring....$50.00 within the Greensboro city limits; an additional $10.00 for every 30 miles outside the Greensboro city limits.
Once you become an Instructor, you will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network. You will also be able to post class dates and times to reach more students through our public website.